You considered yourself a good driver and never gave any thought about needing a Washington high risk auto insurance policy. Then after years of being a good driver your cited for two 2 tickets and have a accident. Its policy renewal time and you hit the floor after opening the renewal offer. No longer does your insuring company consider you a good risk. Now the preferred company wants to double your premiums and paying this much is out of the question. Its time to find a Washington high risk auto insurance company.
Shopping for Washington high risk auto insurance.
As a high-risk driver, you may be able to buy a standard policy from a traditional insurance company such as State Farm or AAA with higher premiums than their preferred policies, or you may buy what’s known as a nonstandard policy. These types of policies are offered by smaller niche type companies who specialize in high risk auto insurance. Be sure to find out about restrictions like Named Driver or double deductibles that can lower premiums but will increase your share of risk. Nonstandard insurance includes both small, niche companies, and some major carriers which have divisions selling non-standard coverage. A good option when shopping is a high risk auto insurance broker who has access to multiple companies and can compare rates on your behalf.
What is Non Standard Auto Insurance?
Non Standard auto insurance companies cater to high-risk drivers. Their policies can have the following features that minimizes companies risk.
- Named Driver Only Policy: will only insure people listed on the declaration page no permissive use allowed.
- Double deductibles for first 30 days after inception or lapse.
- Driving record checked at every renewal
- Credit checked at every renewal
- Mileage starts at higher base minimum
- No punitive damage clauses
- They can offer Named Non Owner sr22 insurance
How Long Will You Need A High Risk Auto Insurance Policy
Car insurance companies will forgive your accidents and poor driving record if you maintain a clean driving record for three years. But this can vary by insurer. Some look back as far as five years when assessing if your still risky a driver. If the offense has fallen off your driving record, your insurer should no longer be able to use it to increase your rates.
Who Is Considered High Risk?
- Drivers with DUI or reckless driving charges
- More than two minor violations in 3 years
- Multiple accidents or 1 accident with bodily injury past 3 to 5 years
- Young drivers with under 3 years licensed driving experience
- Drivers with a suspended license
- Any driver needing a Washington sr22 insurance filing
No Washington High Risk Auto Insurance Company Will Insure You
If you have tried to obtain high risk auto insurance and you have been denied by several insurance companies you can purchase insurance thru the Washington Assigned Risk Plan. The state run plan places coverage thru admitted auto insurance companies in Washington at predetermined rate’s on a rotating basis.